4.27.10 Cool Quotient
- — 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- — 3/4 cup blue agave nectar
- — 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
- — seltzer
- — 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- — 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- — 1 tablespoon chile powder
Combine lime juice, agave nectar and tamarind in a small saucepan. Whisk together over low heat, just to combine; about 2 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and chill.
Meanwhile, stir together salt, sugar and chile powder to combine well. Mound on a small plate.
To assemble drinks, rub a juicy piece of lime around the rim of 6 glasses. Dip the rims into the Chile Salt to coat well. Fill the glasses with plenty of ice. Add 1/4 cup of the syrup to each glass and top off with seltzer. Stir well and garnish with a slice of lime.